NMEA2000 / NMEA0183 Simulator
- Possible to define virtual devices and select messages joined to them.
- Virtual devices can send their device information periodically or on request as normal devices does.
- If selected virtual devices also does address claiming.
- Possible to follow gpx track or route.
Bus traffic operations:
- Works as bus listener.
- Lists messages either in sequential mode or in list mode, which separates messages by sender, PGN and possible instance
- Message highlighting for sequential messages makes it easier to follow messages.
- Message follow for sequential messages locks scrolling for specific message
- In both modes messages can be showed parsed.
Special NMEA 2000 commands:
- Request for common and any PGN
- Group function request
- Group function command
- Address change command
- Any message. User can type message in hex and send it once or periodically.
SW Revision History
Version 184.108.40.2068 (12.09.2021)
- Fixed parsing for 130311 and for AIS messages 129038, 129039, 129040, 129041.
- Added parsing for 128275 and for AIS messages 129793, 129794, 129797, 129805, 129809, 129810.
Version 220.127.116.115 (01.09.2021)
- Added progress bar for message loading/saving.
- Improved saving method. Now can save >3000000 messages.
Version 18.104.22.1683 (01.09.2021)
- Added some shorcuts. E.g. Main window (ctrl-alt-M), Run (ctrl-alt-R), Message console (ctrl-alt-C), Message list (ctrl-alt-L), Device list (ctrl-alt-D).
- Added full timestamp to copy/save messages format.
- Added message saving to file.
- Added message loading from file. Supported are Simulator, OpenSkipper xml and Actisense EBL formats.
- Added new message window “Loaded messages…”.
Version 22.214.171.1249 (22.08.2021)
- Added UDP listen.
- Fixed NMEA0183 timestamp.
- Fixed device info request. Even set to non active, still requested devices by using address 255.
Version 126.96.36.1996 (13.05.2021)
- Added device list.
Open device list from “Tools” – “Device list…”. For compatibility reasons it is passive as default. This means that it listens device information messages (60928, 126996, 126998, 126464) and fills information when message has been seen. You can set list to active mode on “Tools” – “Options…” – “General” and also define which source address it will use for requesting information.
- Visually better message info.
- Added support for thruster PGNs 128006-128008. Currently on sending uses fixed values.
- Improved send timing.
Version 188.8.131.524 (19.04.2021)
- Added box fw upgrade to commercial version.
- Added missing engined room temperature sending
- Added period column to Message list.
- Added light gray highlighting for lost periodic messages.
- Added PGN 129283 information.
- Clear highlighting after messages has been cleared.
- Added more port statistics to main screen status line.
- Fixed NMEA 2000 message time stamping.
- Fixed Device heartbeat sending.
Version 184.108.40.2065 (14.04.2021)
- Improved NMEA 2000 message find.
- Highlights will be now saved. Also changed highlights as common for both message list and console.
- Fixed heading NMEA2000 output.
- Fixed follow route run. Now works also with current and wind drift.
- Added speed multiplier.
- Fixed hints on NMEA 2000 device edit.
- Added numbers for environmental parameters to easier link them to PGNs to be sent.
Version 220.127.116.118 (05.04.2021)
- Message info form can now be docked to Message Console/List. Docked is default setting.
- Added copy for message info.
- Added option to open Message list/console at start.
- Added DirectX drawing for compass.
Version 18.104.22.1685 (07.02.2021)
- Fixed send timing.
Version 22.214.171.1244 (07.02.2021)
- Fixed date viewing.
- Improved timing.
- Sorting for messages in “Message list” by some columns. Click column name to sort.
- Added message description column to “Message console” and “Message list”.
- Added parsing information for supported NMEA0183 messages.
Version 126.96.36.1990 (03.02.2021)
- Added send support for 129540 GNSS satellites in view. Satellite output simulation uses real satellite data, which is calculated with modified code from https://www.celestrak.com/software/tskelso-sw.php. Satellite TLE data will be fetched from https://celestrak.com/NORAD/elements/. On simulation SNR and range residuals are simulated by formula of satellite positions. Due to fetching data from celestrak, OpenSSL library modules libeay32.dll and ssleay32.dll has been added to NMEA Simulator package.
- Added send support for PGN 129539 GNSS DOPs.
- Added PGN 129538-129540 parsing information.
- Reordered PGNs on Tools-Options-NMEA2000.
- Added “out of range” handling to sent messages. This can be tested e.g. with main engine controls. By typing directly to e.g. “Engine temp” numeric field value 400, output will start to send “out of range” value on that field.
- Fixed ISO request handling.
- Added response for PGN list request.
- Added heartbeat output to devices. It must be enabled on device settings.
- Added USB port removal detection to avoid high CPU, if it has been removed during run.
Version 188.8.131.52 (15.01.2021)
- Added fixed common requests to “Tools”-“NMEA 2000 Commands”-“Request”.
- Supported PGN list will be now separated to receive and transmit messages on “Message list”
- Added some proprietary message descriptions by request.
Version 184.108.40.206 (08.01.2021)
- Fixed crash, if “Message list” were opened before “Message console”.
- Fixed for PGN126464. Now receive and transmit lists will be shown as own messages.
Version 220.127.116.11 (08.01.2021)
- Fixed crash due to NGT reset command at the beginning.
- Added “Out of range” handling for fields.
Version 18.104.22.168 (22.10.2020)
- Fixed “Follow track” checkbox behaviour.
- Added progress bar for track loading.
- Improved track loading. Now loads 140000 point GPX-track in few seconds.
Version 22.214.171.124 (19.10.2020)
- Fixed blurry fonts with Windows 10 scaling.
- Added columns for “Message console”.
- Added “Message list”. Like “Message console” but shows just latest value of each message.
- Added description and sending for PGN 127252 – Heave.
- Added descriptions for NMEA0183 messages.
Version 126.96.36.199 (10.09.2020)
- Added descriptions for PGNs 127497, 127513, 129038.
Version 188.8.131.52 (30.08.2020)
- Added max engine RPM and max generator RPM settings to Tools-Options…-Limits.
Version 184.108.40.206 (24.08.2020)
- Added 130320 and 130321 definitions for parsing.
- Fixed ISO request (59904) parsing.
Version 220.127.116.11 (02.08.2020)
- Added more message definitions for parsing.
- Added message find for message console.
- Added windlass PGNs 128776, 128777, 128778 and controls.
- Fixed message console scrolling.
Version 18.104.22.168 (24.07.2020)
- Added message highlighting to message console. Max. 2 messages can be selected on free version.
- Added NMEA 2000 message parsing for message console. Double click message on message console to open detailed description and field content. Most common messages are on the database, which will be extented.On free version only first 100 messages will be parsed.
- Added message follow to message console. Scroll position will be updated to latest selected followed message.
Version 22.214.171.124 (03.05.2020)
- Fix for “Message console” memory handling.